Our Rental Criteria below is a guideline for approving new tenants. Every situation is unique and we ask that you please call and speak with a property manager about your situation.
ALL individuals over the age of 18 that will be living in the household must fill out an application for it to be considered complete. All applications must be submitted within 24 hours of each other or they lose their position and the next applicant will be processed.
Qualification for a property is determined based upon the entire household. Property (unit) can only be held up to 10 DAYS before lease must start (e.g., occupancy begins). This could change based on unit availability.
• Completing an Application: Every person age 18 and above must complete a rental application. If any applicable fields are left blank or are filled incorrectly, this can cause a delay in processing and can result in your application being denied. Falsifying information is grounds for denial of your application.
• Identification/Social Security Card: Applicant must provide valid, verifiable government
issued identification. Example: A Valid Driver's License and or Government ID. Applicant is required to provide valid, verifiable copy of your social security card and/or a copy of your tax statement that was filed the previous tax year.
• Sufficient income requirements: Gross income (including co-applicant) shall be a MINIMUM of 2.5 times the rent amount. You must be able to document all income.
Verifiable Sources of Documentation:
Current Pay stub, Valid Social Security or Retirement Statement. Applicants that are Self Employed and /or are an independent contractor must provide: Current 3 months of bank statements, current tax form filed from previous year and business license.
• Roommates and Occupancy Limits: No more than 3 adults per single family dwelling and no more than 2 occupants per bedroom will be allowed, per Federal guidelines. Two or more adults who are applying for a property may qualify with a combined income with 1 year of verifiable rental history.
• Credit Requirements: Our office requires that you have reasonable credit, meaning that there needs to be more positive standing accounts versus delinquent payments and/or collection accounts. If there is a Court Judgment please provide a letter of explanation. Certain Court Judgments against you may result in denial of your application. Collections, Judgments and/or money owed to other owners, managers or apartment complexes can result in denial, as is legally permissible by any local or Federal laws at the time of your application. Discharged bankruptcies may be accepted after 12 months of re-established credit.
• Rental History: Rental history must be verifiable from unbiased sources. If you have limited or no rental history you will need to meet all other screening requirement's and your application may result in a conditional approval i.e., requiring an additional security deposit and/or a co-signer. It is your responsibility to provide us with the information necessary to contact all landlords. If you are a homeowner we will need to verify ownership. Poor references from previous landlords may result in denial of your application, as is legally permissible by any local or Federal laws at the time of your application.
Evictions/Outstanding Balances: If you have had an eviction/outstanding balance in order to consider your application there must be no balance owing to previous Landlords and positive rental history must have been re-established since that time. Applicant must also meet remainder of screening requirements.
• Co-signer Requirements: Co-signers will be accepted for a lack of income purposes only. Co-signers must apply and have a credit score of greater than 650 and provide an income of at least 5 times the monthly rent.
• Criminal History: We consider how long ago the crime occurred, circumstances, and evidence of rehabilitation.
• Holding Fees: Holding fees paid to Starboard to secure a property and place it on hold will be considered non-refundable and will be forfeited in the event you withdraw the application after you have been approved or are dissatisfied with the property and do not sign the lease upon your arrival. Holding fees are applied to the Security Deposit and then the First Month’s Rent once a lease has been executed and all parties have signed.
• No Smoking: Smoking is NOT allowed in, on or near any of our properties.
• Pet Friendly Properties: Pets are allowed on a property by property basis, subject to approval, potential pet rent and additional security deposits. We do not discriminate against service animals (info here)